Sunday, December 12, 2010

the struggle


Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength. August Wilson

I knew that I had come face to face with some one whose mere personality was so fascinating that, if I allowed it to do so, it would absorb my whole nature, my whole soul, my very art itself.
Oscar Wilde

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. Anais Nin

Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength. Ralph W. Sockman

Don't wish me happiness-I don't expect to be happy, it's gotten beyond that, somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor-I will need them all. Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Storms make trees take deeper roots. Dolly Parton

Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to. Oscar Wilde

It has been said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength. Charles Spurgeon

Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.
John Ruskin

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. Ambrose Redmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment