Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Didn't shower today


meteor shower that is. I went outside and saw a beautiful sky, but nothing shooting or streaking, per se. meh. heres a photo of the amazement foretold, with some quotes for good measure. hussah 2011!

(actually the photo was taken during the same meteor shower in 2009, alberta canada)

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Oscar Wilde

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” Og Mandino

“Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night”
Sarah Williams

"He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star."
William Blake

"The stars are the jewels of the night, and perchance surpass anything which day has to show." Henry David Thoreau

“If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.

Tennyson, "Ulysses"

No comments:

Post a Comment