Sunday, July 10, 2011

And The Hippoes..




Currently reading the first book written by Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs, although not by any means the first to hit shelves. The collaborative approach (they alternated chapters/ character points of view) and sensational storyline (based on the murder of/ by a mutual friend) was finally published in 2005. Even the book jacket frustrated me by giving so much information about the plot, and all the blogs that have reviewed this book were not favorable. I however, have been immensely enjoying it. Thus, will refrain from ruining all the fun for you, should you be tempted to check it out.

excerpt from page 20

Janie and I went upstairs and took a shower together. Then we sat down in the front room to talk. I was sitting on the rocking chair facing her and she was sitting on the couch with a towel on, native style. I kept staring at the towel and finally it began to annoy me, so I got up and pulled the towel off her and went back to the rocking chair.
She said, "What are you going to do out at sea?" and I said, "Don't worry about the future."

hmpf.

No comments:

Post a Comment