Monday, August 31, 2009

hello blue monday. .


I didn't get as much accomplished today as I would've liked. (What a surprise.) I did listen to lots of jazz this morning and get the apartment cleaned up a bit though. Since the weather is absolutely perfect I'm going to take Shadow out now- but I couldn't leave without at least one post for the day.

At the National Gallery of Australia website there is an amazing article on Helen Frankenthaler and a virtual walk through of her new exhibition of woodcuts. Which is pretty cool since she, like most other color field painters, previously relied on raw canvas to absorb and hold the color. I also like how she scratched into the wood, and the background of grain is much more stimulating than plain white.

The site was pretty annoying to be honest- I had to scroll in and reload the page several times on a "virtual gallery" wall to get to just one image- but the concept was helpful especially sense it in essence would allow you to view each and every piece included in the show. If you were patient. Overall I thought 'Madame Butterfly' to be entirely superior to the others. So here it is-your moment of zen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment