Monday, November 16, 2009

Kathleen Edwards






I can't believe I haven't already posted about my dearest Kathleen. The talented Canadian native has toured with the likes of My Morning Jacket and put out 3 cds. I hear a 4th is in the works! I picked up one randomly at the Nashville Public Library last year and have been hooked ever since. Her show in Knoxville March 13th was just amazing- but she is taking a well deserved break now after 2 years on the road. One of my favorite things about her, besides her beautiful voice, soulful guitar and poetic, honest lyrics is her personality. She seems so fun- loves hockey and whiskey, and is just a real down to earth gal.

I haven't really been listening to much music lately. I am hardly ever here in my room because I am driving around all the time and our cd player in the car is broken. So it was great to hear my old favorite songs again tonight. You can hear some for yourself on her website.

I am going to SLEEP now and you really won't see me for a few days. I mean it. We are hightailin' it to Asheville tomorrow and then Charlotte NC. .

No comments:

Post a Comment