Sunday, November 22, 2009

Son Volt








So I went to see Son Volt again on Friday. It was the first time I had ever been to the Handlebar in Greenville, which is the best place to see bands around here. They had 2 bars, benches and tables outside, and a big room inside for the stage and even rows of chairs on the right side for the old folks.
Jay and the gang were great as always, the crowd was full and pumped, and they came out for an encore after a second set break. Seemed to be a more confidant show than Nashville, which was their first one out of the gate. I only saw the last song of the opener Peter Bruntnell, and it was really sweet, something about "15 minutes with you, I'd do anything" but I can't find it anywhere online. And its still stuck in my head! sigh. You can listen to more of him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment